August 02, 2020
When the relative humidity is high, and the surfaces are wet, you will see greyish and whitish patches on covers. Such spots indicate that you have created a conducive environment for molds.
Dampness comes in different forms. Thus, it would be helpful if you established the type that encourages mold to grow. Meanwhile, it is important to note that molds will always thrive in areas with high humidity. They will also thrive in coastal regions and lakeshores.
Note that molds are plants and so they need food to survive. Thus, they will consume your home and emit a musty smell. When you allow them to thrive, they can ruin your home.
Molds will have severe effects on people who live in the house. Depending on the predisposition and genetic factors, some of them will react when exposed to the spores, while others will develop asthmatic conditions.
Anyone with a weak immune system, including the elderly and children, could be more prone to severe conditions caused by molds.
Signs of MoldHaving molds in the home is dreaded. It can cause a nightmare if it is not detected early. Here are some of the effects of molds in your home.
· Causes musty odor in the basement and thermal spaces
· Formation of brown, gray, and threadlike patches on walls, attics, and surfaces.
· It causes allergies, skin and respiratory
· It produces black spots and stains on walls, including the bathroom.
Controlling molds· To effectively manage molds, you must improve the ventilation in your home.
· Use scrubbing solutions to help get rid of the molds. Plenty of cleaning solutions are readily available and could be used to remove the shells. They include vinegar, baking soda, ammonia, and bleach.
· Large areas infested should be cut out. Put the removed parts in plastic bags. New materials should be used to repair the house.
· Clear your immediate environment and ensure that it is free of standing water, infiltration, and wet materials. Ensure you repair damaged water pipes as soon as you notice it.
Install dehumidifierA home that has been infested with molds needs a dehumidifier to help rid the menace. This is an electrical device that maintains the humidity level in the house. It removes moisture and impurities from the air to make it dry and fresh. It creates an environment that makes it difficult for molds to thrive. Also, the device can heat the air during the cold season and distributes it in the room. This way, it keeps humidity and temperature under control. But you will need to choose your preferred settings. The dehumidifiers will switch itself on and off automatically, depending on the prevailing conditions.
Final thoughtHigh levels of humidity are the main causes of trouble in most homes. It creates a conducive environment for molds and mildew to thrive. Molds and mildew can cause health problems for your family members and guests. So, eliminating them as soon as they get noticed is recommended. Luckily, if you install a dehumidifier in the home, you will not need to worry about molds and mildew. The unit will regulate humidity and temperature. It will also make it difficult for mold and mildew to thrive.
Benefits of Installing CADPXS Dehumidifiers
Jan 2, 2022
Air Scrubber Buying Guide
Jul 20, 2023